Audi brand introduction
Audi is a well-known car developer and manufacturer with four rings. Now a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG of Germany, headquartered in Ingolstadt, Germany, the main models are A1, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, Q1, Q2,  Q3, Q5, Q7, Q8 [4-5], TT, R8 and S, RS performance series, etc.
The Audi Group includes the parent company and its subsidiaries Audi Hungarian, quattro GmbH and Lamborghini and Cosworth Technologies, Audi Brazil and Audi Celinita. In addition, Audi has production facilities in China, Malaysia and South Africa.
Audi is one of the oldest car manufacturers in Germany. Since 1932, Audi has adopted the four-ring logo, which symbolizes the merger of Audi and the Little Wonder (DKW), Horch and Wanderer. In the 1930s, the Auto Union company covered all the passenger vehicle segments that the German automotive industry could offer, from motorcycles to luxury cars.
In 2008, Audi was selected as the “First Brand of Chinese Buyer Satisfaction” compiled by the World Brand Value Lab, ranking seventh.
The Audi sedan is marked by four rings representing the four companies before the merger. These companies used to be manufacturers of bicycles, motorcycles and passenger cars. Since the company was originally formed by the merger of four companies, each ring is a symbol of one of the companies.
The history of the production of cars and motorcycles by Audi in Germany dates back to the 19th century. Audi and horch car companies in Zwickau, the first four car companies in Saxony, and the roamer car company in Chemnitz-siegmar (wanderer) and the dkw car company in zschopau made an outstanding contribution to the progress of the German automotive industry at the time.
The four auto companies merged into auto union ag (hereinafter referred to as the Auto Union) in 1933. In terms of automobile production, the Automobile Alliance was the second largest automobile manufacturing company in Germany at that time, and the goods were marked by four connected rings, representing the four automobile companies involved in the merger. For the first time in the world, the four-ring mark appeared.
After World War II, the automobile alliance of the Auto Union in Saxony was confiscated and dismantled by the former Soviet occupation forces. Since then, many of the company’s senior staff have travelled to Bavaria and established the Auto Union gmbh in Ingolstadt in 1949, which inherited the tradition of the Old Auto Union and remains four A chain of links as a sign.
Auto Union Co., Ltd. and nsu gmbh (nsu gmbh) merged in 1969 to form the Audi nsu auto union ag; in 1985, the company was renamed Audi ag. The headquarters moved to Ingolstadt, and the four-ring logo is still in use today.
This shows that Audi's history was divided into two parts by World War II. The first part is the automobile alliance before World War II, and the second part is the development of Audi after World War II.