The aging index of car topcoat actually reflects the service life of the coating, that is, the ability of the coating to resist the effects of weather when exposed to the natural environment. In daily life, the aging of automotive topcoats is mainly manifested as loss of gloss, fading, discoloration, and peeling and chalking. Natural light, temperature changes, moisture, and chemical corrosion are the main factors leading to the aging of automotive topcoats. The reason is as follows.
(1) Sunlight: Ultraviolet rays in sunlight are the main factor causing the aging of polymer materials, and its heat accelerates the aging of the paint surface, thereby causing damage to the paint surface.
(2) Acid-base corrosion: the corrosion of acid-base substances contained in rain, dew and the air can accelerate the aging of the paint surface and make it dull. Acid-base media and organic solvents in nature are the main factors that cause the topcoat to be corroded by chemicals.
(3) Abrasion by wind and sand: Abrasion by wind and sand can cause many small scratches on the paint surface, which weakens the mirror effect of the paint surface.
(4) Iron powder: Industrial mines, construction sites, urban roads and railways are all the main sources of iron powder. Iron powder itself is easy to oxidize, and chemically reacts with acids and alkalis to produce rust. Iron powder will oxidize. Drive the car paint to oxidize together, the lighter one will reduce the gloss and change the color of the car paint (white paint turns yellow, dark paint turns grayish brown), and severely will cause car paint deterioration, peeling, and peeling.
(5) Urban dirt: pollen, insect corpses, bird droppings, asphalt and other corrosion can cause stains on the paint surface and loss of gloss.
(6) Car wax: Car wax containing petroleum components protects the paint surface for a very short time, and will quickly oxidize itself, and the oxidized residue will accelerate the aging of the car paint.
(7) Grinding and polishing: the new factory car paint is sprayed by a machine, the surface of the varnish is particularly smooth, the thickness of the car paint is generally between 90-150um, and the thickness of the varnish is 20-30um, each polishing treatment It can be reduced by 1-3um. It can be seen that multiple polishing will cause serious damage to the paint surface.
The material used in glass coating is SiO2, also known as silicon dioxide. It is also called quartz. The main component of KISHO glass coating is polysiloxane, which is a kind of polymer of silicon dioxide. An isolation layer is formed on the surface of the car paint. The isolation layer has certain hardness, has the functions of resisting ultraviolet rays, oil, acid and alkali, hydrophobic and oleophobic, thereby protecting the paint surface.