Engine intake manifold plastic material requirements
1) High temperature resistance: The plastic intake manifold is directly connected to the engine cylinder head, and the engine cylinder head temperature can reach 130 ~ 150 °C. Therefore, the plastic intake manifold material is required to withstand a high temperature of 180 °C.
2) High strength: The plastic manifold is installed on the engine, and it must withstand the vibration load of the automobile engine, the inertia force load of the throttle valve and the sensor, the pulsation load of the intake pressure, etc., and also ensure that the engine is not subjected to high pressure pulsation pressure when abnormal tempering occurs. blasting.
3) Dimensional stability: The tolerances of the connection between the intake manifold and the engine are very strict, and the installation of sensors and actuators on the manifold is also very accurate.
4) Chemical stability: The plastic intake manifold is in direct contact with gasoline and antifreeze coolant during operation. Gasoline is a strong solvent. Ethylene glycol in the coolant also affects the performance of the plastic. Therefore, plastic intake manifold Tube materials are highly chemically stable and require rigorous testing.
5) Thermal aging stability; the car engine works under very harsh ambient temperature, the working temperature changes reciprocally at 30~130 °C, and the plastic material must ensure the long-term reliability of the manifold.