Performance characteristics of high carbon steel
1. High hardness (HRC60-65) and better wear resistance can be obtained after heat treatment.
2. The hardness is moderate under the annealed state, and it has good machinability.
3. Raw materials are easily available and production costs are low.
The disadvantages are:
1. Poor heat rigidity. When the working temperature of the tool is higher than 200 ℃, its hardness and wear resistance will decrease sharply.
2. Low hardenability. The diameter of complete hardening when water quenching is generally only 15-18mm; the maximum diameter or thickness of complete hardening when oil quenching is only about 6mm, and it is easy to deform and crack.