Production characteristics of graphite materials
(1) The production cycle is long. The production cycle of ordinary power graphite electrodes is about 45 days, the production cycle of ultra-high power graphite electrodes reaches more than 70 days, and the production cycle of graphite electrode joints that require multiple impregnations is longer.
(2) High energy consumption. It takes about 6000 kW · h to produce 1t graphite graphite electrode with normal power, thousands of cubic meters of gas or natural gas, and about 1t of metallurgical coke and metallurgical coke.
(3) There are many production processes. The production process includes raw material calcination, crushing and milling, batching, kneading, forming, roasting, impregnation, graphitization, and mechanical processing. Its production requires many special machinery and equipment and kiln with special structure. The construction investment is large and the investment recovery period is long.
(4) A certain amount of dust and harmful gases are generated during the production process, and it is necessary to take perfect ventilation and dust reduction and environmental protection measures to eliminate harmful gases.
(5) The carbon raw materials such as petroleum coke and coal pitch required for the production and processing of by-products from oil refineries and coal chemical companies, the quality and stability of the raw materials are difficult to be fully guaranteed, especially for high-power and ultra-high-power graphite electrodes Needle coke, modified electrode bitumen, and special impregnant bitumen with low quinoline insoluble content urgently need the attention and active cooperation of China's petroleum and coal chemical processing enterprises.