The main features of the digital power system
1) It is an intelligent switching power supply system with a digital signal processor (DSP) or a microcontroller (MCU) as the core and a digital power driver and a PWM controller as control objects. The traditional switching power supply controlled by a microcontroller (μP or μC) is generally only to control the power supply to start and shut down, not a true digital power supply.
2) Using "Fusion Digital Power" technology, the optimized combination of analog components and digital components in the switching power supply is realized. For example, the analog component used in the power stage, the MOSFET driver, can be easily connected to a digital power controller and implement various protection and bias power management. The PWM controller is also a digitally controlled analog chip.
3) High integration, realizes power system on chip, and integrates a large number of discrete components into one chip or one chip.
4) The advantages of the digital signal processor and the microcontroller can be fully utilized to achieve high technical specifications for the designed digital power supply. For example, its pulse width modulation (PWM) resolution can reach 150ps (10-12s), which is beyond the reach of traditional switching power supplies. The digital power supply can also realize multi-phase control, nonlinear control, load current sharing and fault prediction, which provides convenient conditions for developing green energy-saving switching power supplies.
5) Facilitate the formation of a distributed digital power system.