The role of dispersant
1. Improve gloss and increase the leveling effect. The actual effect depends on the scattering of light on the surface of the paint (that is, a certain degree of flatness. Of course, it is necessary to test the instrument to determine whether it is flat enough, not only considering the number and shape of the primary particles, but also considering their Combined mode), when the particle size is smaller than the incident light 1/2 (this value is uncertain), it will be refracted light, the gloss will not increase any more, and the opacity of the opacity by scattering to provide the main hiding power will not increase ( Except for carbon black, it mainly relies on absorption of light, and organic pigments are forgotten). Note: The incident light means that the range of visible light is not good. However, pay attention to the reduction of the original number of particles, which is to reduce the structural viscosity. However, the increase of the surface area will reduce the number of free resins. However, the general leveling of powder coatings is not as fine as possible.
2, to prevent floating color hair.
3, improve the tinting strength Note that the tinting strength is not as high as possible in the automatic color system.
4. Reduce the viscosity and increase the amount of pigment loaded.
5. The reduction of flocculation is such that the higher the surface energy of the finer particles, the higher the adsorption strength of the dispersant, but the dispersant with too high adsorption strength may cause adverse effects on the film properties.
6. Increasing storage stability The reason is similar to the above. Once the dispersant has insufficient stability, the storage stability will be worse (of course, it is no problem from your picture).
7. Increase color rendering, increase color saturation, increase transparency (organic pigments) or hiding power (inorganic pigments).